Weatherization Assistance Program
The Weatherization Assistance Program helps reduce energy costs for low-income households (see maximum income guidelines below) by increasing the energy efficiency of their homes, while ensuring their health and safety. This program is funded by Saline County’s allocation under the American Rescue Plan Act.
All weatherization work is done at no cost to the individual resident.
Property Owners must show gross annual income less than 80% area median income to be eligible.
If you need help with this online application, please email us at email@example.com or call us at 1-855-582-3973. The hours for the support line are as follows: 6:00 AM – 6:00 PM Monday-Friday.
Applications will open at 8:30 AM CST on December 1, 2022, and remain open until funds have been exhausted.
Applicant must meet all of the following requirements to be eligible for assistance:
Applicant must own the property they are applying for.
Property Owner’s household annual gross income must be less than 80% area median income. See below for income requirements.
|Household Size||Maximum Income|
Must be located within the boundaries of the Saline County KS.
Address cannot be a PO Box or an address that leads to a shipping center as their physical location.
The following documents will be used to verify the above eligibility:
You can store documents in your profile so that you can easily find them to include in your applications. These file formats are supported: .doc, .docx, .gif, .jpeg, .jpg, .pdf, .png, .xls, and .xlsx
What Weatherization Includes
1. A pre-inspection to determine the amount of work necessary to weatherize the home, in addition to checking heating appliances for safety and efficiency.
2. Furnaces found to be unsafe will be repaired if possible, or replaced. Inefficient refrigerators may be replaced.
3. Infiltration work such as patching foundation, caulking and weather-stripping outside doors and windows; sealing/replacing broken glass.
4. Wall and attic insulation will be considered. This is dependent upon the condition of wiring, roof condition, the amount of existing insulation, the type of wall construction and siding.
5. Water Heater insulation will be considered.
6. Gable or roof vents will be installed as required
7. A final inspection will be conducted to determine if all the work is completed.
Frequently Asked Questions
Yes, this program is currently for property owners only. If you have a mortgage for your property, you are able to apply.
Yes. You will receive an email confirmation from firstname.lastname@example.org once your application is received. Check your spam/junk folder if you do not receive an email shortly after submitting your application.
No. However, if you need to correct an error, please get in touch with email@example.com, and our team can work with you to provide additional and correct information to your application.
The FORWARD Technical Support will be provided by phone and/or email to any applicants with questions related to the FORWARD platform.
For technical support, call (855) 582-3973 or email firstname.lastname@example.org. The hours for the support line are as follows: 6:00 AM – 6:00 PM Monday-Friday.
The CHDO of Central Kansas has partnered with FORWARD to manage the application process and distribute awards. FORWARD is a Washington state technology company that powers the FORWARD application portal. FORWARD offers application services for programs such as this nationwide.
FORWARD is administering the Weatherization Assistance Program on behalf of CHDO.
FORWARD is the leading Integrated Program Administration solution that incorporates all essential components, people and technology into a single streamlined workflow to effectively, securely, and equitably administer critical resources to help communities thrive.